Friday, May 22, 2009

Last day in Hikone (22/5/09)

We visited Motomachi Toyota plant in Nagoya and here, we are not allowed to take pictures. Motomachi plant is fore manufacturing Crown, Mark X and Estima model of Toyota. I remember a fact that 80 percent of government tax collect from Toyota. This is a very big name in car industry and I think this is where the Japanese car industry started. I got to see how they put a car together at welding and assembly stage, as they have different process from stamping to welding, painting to assembly.

Japanese line-production system is more specific in term of compartmentalization. Every part of a Japanese car was made very careful. Japanese carmakers focus more on quality over quantity and they also have a high technology. Then we also came to Toyota museum where a car showroom of all models of Toyota and Lexus’s car. We took a lot of picture here in the Lexus



After the Nagoya trip to Toyota plant, we came back to JCMU. Some of us decided to go out to eat sushi as it was the last night in Hikone. It was my first time eating at a sushi train where we pick the plate we want, we can order some more ourselves. It was 90yen per plate (2 pieces of sushi) which is quite cheap compare to some Japanese restaurant that I have dinned in. The food was delicious!



I love trying new food and I was so happy to try “Nato” even though it was the most difficult dish I ever ate. It is a fermented bean and quite sticky and a little bit stinky. It sticks right at the throat and quite hard to swallow. I tried to finish the two pieced of nato sushi even though I don’t like it at all because if I throw of the food, I feel that I disrespect the culture. And in my culture, it is rude to leave food behind so I always try to finish my plates as much as possible.



We went to play bowling after dinner. We had a lot of fun. It has been years since my last bowling game and I had a lowest score in 2 games. I was a little bit upset. I think I need to practice more on my skills and play with my friend next time in the States. I hope that if I keep on practicing, I would score higher.

Here in Hikone, I tried to ride the bike when hanging out with others at night yesterday. I was scared at the beginning because I don’t ride it fluently. Our friend’s house was a little far from JCMU but I made it. I was so happy that I did. If I wasn’t on this trip, I would never think that I can ride a bike outside the house honestly. I am glad that I make a small difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment